Pages

Saturday 22 December 2018

Forest Life~Giants Among Us

New Zeland 3:
Giants Among Us
Trees,animals and people
There are many things in New zealand that are interesting many people find our trees interesting forn some reason. Why?
They Find our trees interesting because they might not have it in their country in fact most of new zealands trees are only found in New zealand.
Kauri trees are one of the biggest and tallest trees and longest trees to ever last in New zelanad and this tree is only found in New Zealand WOW!
he largest Kauri tree in the country is in the Waipoua Forest in Northland. It is called Tāne Mahuta. Some people call it as the Lord of the Forest.
Would you like to be one of those people who got to see Tāne Mahuta in real life? Why or why not?
I would go but there are a few reasons why I wouldn't.
Reson 1: I don't like being near lots of plants because of bugs and bees
Reason 2:I hate going outside
Reason 3: There might be to much people
Reason 4:To Far
Reasons to go:
Reason 1:You can tell people you went there
Reason 2: You might find it interesting
Reason 3: You might like the outside

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Coree,

    My name is Rachel and I am working on the Summer Learning Journey programme this year with Sophie and her team. It is so much fun! We're learning all about New Zealand and about the world around us. I can see from this post that you have thought a lot about the idea of visiting Tane Mahuta and provided us with reasons 'for' and 'against' going. I really like the way that you have structured your answer.

    I can see from your response that you are a little bit concerned about the amount of time that it would take to get to Tane Mahuta and the number of people who might be there. It also sounds like you don't enjoy going outside very much. Do you spend most of your time inside? Do you ever go to the park or the beach by any chance? I am planning to go to the beach later today because it is the first sunny day that we have had here in Auckland in a long time!

    My family gave me a bicycle for Christmas so I am hoping to try it out today by biking to the beach. I haven't ridden a bike in a few years so it may take me a little while to get back in the swing of things. I hope that I don't fall off!

    Do you have a bike? I hope that you do get the chance to do some fun activities this summer whether they are outside or inside!

    Speaking of fun activities, I also hope that you will continue to work on the Summer Learning Journey programme. We're really looking forward to reading more of your posts over the coming days.

    In the meantime, I would like to wish you and your family a lovely holiday and a great start to 2019!

    Bye for now,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete