Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2019

A Protective Plant

There are concerns about the water quality of some of the rivers/streams and oceans in and around New Zealand. Some people have suggested that we plant flowers and plants on the banks of our most polluted rivers to stop the spread of the pollution. Apparently...The plants can act as filters and start to absorbe some of the chemicals that are moving across the land on their way to the river. 
If I had a garden...10 plants I would have in it is:
Strawberries
Potatoes
Pumpkins
Carrots
Lettuce
On the fence would be Grapes
Peanuts
Watermelon
Broccoli
Mint
What would you grow in your garden?
(If i were to add trees I would add and lemon tree,Apple,Orange and more)

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Coree,

    Yum - these are all of my favourite fruits and vegetables! I think that in my garden I would also like to grow cherry tomatos and bananas! Have you ever grown any plants?

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've acually never grown a plant WAIT! Yes I planted strawberries :)

      Delete