Pages

Monday 21 January 2019

Flying Fungi


During The Middle of winter it can get quite damp in New zealand and It normally cause ould and fungi like dude..It's gross.Let’s imagine that we tested the air in your classroom and found 7 different kinds of mould.The cleaner says that it takes 5 days for each mould to be eradicated (removed). If the school had to remove each mould one at a time, how long would it take to remove all the mould from the classroom?
5 x 7 = 35
It would take 35 days to clean all the fungi
Which is 5 weeks 

3 comments:

  1. Mōrena Coree

    Well done on solving the 'flying fungi' maths problem. I like the strategy that you used. How did you figure out that you would need to multiply 5 by 7?

    I am excited to catch up on more of your posts today!

    Have a great week.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah because I just decided I'm to lazy to do anything more than that so I just did 5 x 7 and then yeah what would you have done?

      Delete
  2. Hi Coree,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey.

    You talk about being lazy in some of your postings but I don't think you're lazy at all. You're working really steadily at these activities and that's great!!! Good on you!!

    I agree with your maths solution. It would take 35 days to clean up all 7 of the different moulds that are supposedly found in this classroom. Good answer.

    Do you enjoy maths at school? I always found them fun, like a puzzle to be solved.

    I hope you're having lots of fun in the sun these holidays, as well as enjoying these Summer Learning Journey activities!!

    I'll keep reading your blog.

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete