Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Predator Free 2050 – A Call to Arms

Image result for kiwi
There is currently a huge drive to get rid of all predators from New Zealand. Predators are animals that in some way damage our natural environment and Many organisations are working hard to accomplish this goal.
I watched 3 videos and the one that really got my attention was this one:https://vimeo.com/271173180
Why?
Cause I hate rats and stuff...
And because rats eat our kiwi's and the kiwi's are in danger :(
So the guy decided to put a tracker thingy to see what they are up to (To see it they have eggs and to see if rats are near so they can save them)
This video is very good for people that don't understand why kiwi's are in danger.
Thank you for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Coree,

    Thank you for sharing this blog post. I am really enjoying reading all of you Summer Learning Journey activities.

    I agree that this project is super interesting! The kiwi bird is such a beautiful native New Zealand animal. We really need to do everything we can to help protect it. Have you ever seen a kiwi bird in real life? I remember that I saw one on school camp once.

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really haven't seen a kiwi in real lif ebut I hav seen it on tv and a statue so Yeah

      Delete