Pages

Saturday 12 January 2019

Weaving a Tall Tale

There is a long history in New Zealand of collecting natural plants, including flax (harakeke), and using them to create cloaks, baskets (kete), mats, traps and ropes. Flax weaving is an art form. It can take years for people to perfect the art of weaving. Have you ever tried it?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cop_PaofNw4

Would you do it?
I would cause it's pretty cool once your done..
Sorry I'm not posting much cause I'm pretty tired

2 comments:

  1. Hi Coree

    I hope you are feeling better and a bit less tires. I hope that you are taking some time to rest up and recharge your batteries before school starts in a few weeks.

    If you were to try flax weaving, what things would you weave? I am a big fan of woven mats and fans.

    Fingers crossed that you feel up to posting again soon!

    Have a great week.

    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Coree,
    I am Vitaraag. I would do flax weaving to. I'm happy to hear that you are getting tired. That means you have been working really hard. I hope you get posting again.

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete