Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2019

Protecting the Most Vulnerable - Fact or Fiction?

For this blog post I'm gonna switch this up...
Māui dolphin and common dolphin dorsal fins compared. Your gonna guess which of these facts are real or fake do yu got these lets see
In the comments right the number before the answer and i'll reply if your wrong or right or if your half.Good luck x

There are 63 Maui dolphins left
The Maui doliphins are really in danger
Maui DOliphins are the biggest out of all 32 dolphins
Males grow to 1.7 m long and weigh up to 50 kg. Females are slightly smaller and lighter.
They live up to 20 years
Maui dolphin's can't communicate with clicks

Did you get them right??

I'll reply to your comments :)

Baiii <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi Coree,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team reading your blog from my home in wintry Canada.

    You've done a great job of switching it up with this activity. You've done a good mixing up of true and false 'facts'!! Wow!!

    Have you ever seen a Maui dolphin in the wild? They must be beautiful. I like the different fins they have. And I hope that all the efforts to protect them will continue to work so that their numbers will grow.

    I don't live near the ocean. I live near the middle of my country, Canada, so I don't get to see sea animals very often. It's really interesting for me to read about them and to then visit your beaches when I come to New Zealand to see my daughter, Rachel, and her family. All of the waterways around my home are fresh-water lakes and rivers. They provide homes for different kinds of fish and mammals than you would be familiar with.

    I hope you're getting outside for lots of fun activities this summer, as well as participating in this program! Keep up your good work. You're doing well!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete