Pages

Monday 21 January 2019

Let it rain


Image result for acid rain

Let’s imagine that New Zealand was hit by a massive acid rain storm. Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. When the rain fell, you stayed inside with your friends and family. When it stopped, however, you and your family decided to go for a walk outside. You opened the door and...

Me and My family would probably look outside a be SHOOK and would probably go for a drive after...When it stopped I would hope the tv turns on and then watch the news to see what they say and me I would probably just play on the laptop or something..Normally when the Wifi is off I would go and draw and then throw that drawing out and then I would do the same thing like 3 times then I will look outside again and think what the heck just happened...I would probaby ignore it to if I didn't care.My parents would probably want to know what we are doing because ya know everybody has that type of parents.I would be happy if it was over and done with because then I wouldn't have to care about it anymore and I would be able to go outside and see the trees then turn around and go back inside.

Thanks for reading! Don't believe everything you see <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi Coree,

    It's Leslie here, a member of the Summer Learning Journey team.

    I'm glad that you tried to create something for this activity. Your paragraph is more of a kind of report, than a story, I would say.

    The idea of this activity is to describe what you might find outside after acid rain has fallen on your home and your neighbourhood. If you want to try again, you can earn more points by creating more of a story.

    I'll check back later to see what you've chosen to do.

    Aren't we lucky that we don't live in a part of the world that has had a devastating acid rain storm? It would be scary, to me, to wake up to a world in which trees and plant life have been destroyed and the water polluted with acid.

    Fortunately, there are things that we can do to reduce the amount of toxic waste we put into the atmosphere. In Canada we started to notice that our rain was becoming more acidic when the fish in some of our lakes and rivers started to die. We also noticed that our trees were being burned at the tops. So now factories have to use scrubbers in their chimney stacks and car manufacturers have to build cars that don't use as much fossil fuel and that don't puff out toxic waste.

    We'll make progress if we work at it, won't we?

    I'll continue to enjoy reading your blog. Keep up your good work!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete