Pages

Monday 21 January 2019

The Seven Sisters

Image result for 7 stars of matariki
In the middle of winte a very special group of stars appear in the sky over New Zealand. This cluster is called the Matariki star cluster.
I know alot about this cause last year we did it in my classroom which got me ready for next years one.Many people that live in glen innes and stuff go to the creek kinda of thing and they got on a light pth thing...on the last day they have fireworks and it's really cool.The 7 sisters names are:
Waiti,Waita,Waipunarangi,Tupu-a-nuku,Tupu-a-Rangi,Ururangi,Matariki
It is really cool and I bet if you are not in New zealand you would enjoy it! :)
Thank you for reading! <3

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Coree,

    Lee here from the Summer Learning journey team

    Better late than never to comment on your blog, right?

    I can definitely see that you have done classroom work on this! That's an advantage of doing it because then you can show others, like me!

    I went on the light path in Glen Innes and I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the free soup I got from the marae!
    Can you tell me part of the story of Matariki? Was Maui involved?

    Glad I had a look at your blog!

    Lee


    ReplyDelete